Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm back! I've been pretty busy lately - trying to get a few websites built (I will work for myself someday!!!! well, I hope so... I wish I were a coder, this would all be so much easier) and moving next week, not to mention looking for a new job - is taking its toll.
But I've still been cooking! I haven't made much new - but I thought I would write a little about what I've done recently...
Easy Baked Chicken Parm
This is pretty easy - you can do it two ways, fry the chicken in canola or peanut oil first- making sure that you have flattened the chicken out a little first to make it cook quicker - or just cook in the oven.
To fry:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Flatten out chicken to around .5" thick
Coat with flour
Coat with egg
Coat with breadcrumbs (italian seasoned)
Heat Canola or peanut oil
Fry chicken until almost done and the breading is browned.
For oven:
Preheat oven to 400
Coat chicken with bread crumbs
Cook chicken until almost done (about 20-25 mins), coating will probably not become as brown as the frying method.
Add some tomato sauce - any kind will do, use your favorite
Add some fresh basil (optional)
Add some Fresh Mozzarella cheese to top of chicken
Add some salt and pepper
Cook until cheese is fully melted and starting to brown.
Thats it!!! Not much to it. The 2nd method is a little healthier, but both are easy to make and taste great!
Easy Thai Peanut Chicken
This is really easy to make if you buy Thai Peanut Sauce at your local store.
Noodles:
1) Get some asian rice noodles - or use angel hair pasta
2) Cook noodles until done
-You could use rice too if you want
While noodles are cooking, do the chicken:
1) Cut up some boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite sized pieces
2) Heat peanut oil in pan until hot
3) Fry chicken in hot oil until done
In the meantime, toast some sesame seeds for a few mins in a pan over med-low heat - until brown.
Mix Chicken Pieces with Peanut Sauce - put over noodles - and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top!
Easy to make, tastes great - and something different! After cooking the chicken, you could also drain out most of the oil and stir fry some veggies like sliced carrots, snow peas, broccoli, etc.!
Should make a good amount of food - and this is something that you can easily make for just one person.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home