Thursday, April 03, 2008

Easy Pork Chops and Lima Beans (not gross!) and
Fast Way to Upgrade Canned Stew

Well is has been a while now since I thought about this blog - I really doubt I have any readers, but it lets me put some of my ideas out there at least! I was recently fired (or 'let go') from a job I started at in August - at least they gave me a severance - and I now do some independent consulting work from home while looking for a new full time gig. I don't mind working from home really, I certainly don't miss being around people all day or trying to keep up with office politics - but sitting in a chair for 12 hours a day is wearing my back down!

I should also stick with a better gym schedule - I stopped because I was commuting about 2.5 hours a day each way and my day started at 5am - I didn't get home until 10pm (not fun)- hence I got out of any sort of gym schedule. It is really hard to get back into the swing of things, but after seeing some beach photos of my self from my honey moon I now know I have to!

I am also starting a five day juice fast next week- strange I know, but I've heard some good things about detoxing your body that way, and it might save on my food bills. It will also be gross I feel, cleaning out your colon is as good of a reason as any to not be around people - and I can see why so few people except rich and retired people take the time to do such a thing - you certainly can't go to work!

Anyway, I will write a little about that after I attempt it!

So here is my first recipe in months:

Pork Chops and Lima Beans

Ingredients
Package of 4 bone-in pork chops (you can go boneless, but they will cook faster and dry out, so you will need to remove them prior to the beans being done)

2 packages of frozen lima beans

1 14 oz bottle of ketchup

salt, pepper to taste

Steps

1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Place lima beans in pan, squirt on all ketchup
3) Mix
4) Add pork chops to pan - cover with beans and ketchup, add salt and pepper to taste
5) Cook for an hour

I would leave a temperature probe in the chops until they read about 150 or so - then remove them and cover them with foil. I like the ketchup to caramelize around the beans, so I would leave them in until they start to blacken and become crunchy- but it is all up to your personal taste since the beans are done as soon as the chops are done.

Enjoy! This is ridiculously easy and fast - and pretty darn good (though I hated it when I was a kid..)

Easy way to Perk up canned stew or thick beef soup:

Sprinkle on some Worcestershire sauce to the pot as it cooks - that's it. It really adds something to the flavor and makes it taste more like homemade!

Well that 's all for today - hopefully I will remember to update this weekly or so from now on, even if I have no readers at least I enjoy it!






Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home