Sunday, November 05, 2006

Aromatics & Easy Potatos

Just cooked some chicken, the asparagus I wrote about before, and some potatoes tonight. The chicken I just cooked in the oven w/ some chicken seasoning I bought.

Here is what I did for the potatoes:

Ingredients:
1 bag of baby red potatoes (for two people maybe 8 of them)
- You can use any kind of potato though, I personally like the mixed bags of baby potatoes that have the blue kind, red, and white..
Some Olive Oil - a couple of tablespoons.
Kosher salt (1tsp or so...)
Dried Rosemary (about 1 tsp)
Ground Pepper (half tsp)
Steps:
Preheat oven to 375
Cut up potatoes into bite sized pieces
Add olive oil
Add kosher salt, ground pepper, and rosemary
Mix to coat
Put in oven for around 45 mins - 1 hour or until they get nice and brown and crispy looking.
Thats it! Easy and really really good. You can try adding some parmesean cheese to the mix near the end, or pretty much anything you want. I will add that anything that you think will burn (like pesto, the cheese, etc) should be added in the last ten mins or so that you will be cooking.
Easy Aromatics
I don't usually get too much into the decoration and other things like that around the holidays, but with Thanksgiving and the holidays coming up I thought I'd mention something that will make your home really smell great. Its really easy and really makes your place smell like the holiday season, if there is such a smell...
All you have to do is get an orange, some dried cloves, a little ground nutmeg, and some cinnamon sticks. Dump them in a pot, add water, bring to a boil - reduce heat and let simmer all day (add more water as needed). That's it, and it really will make a huge impact - much better than any of those smelly candles people put out...
Well that's it for today, can't think of anything else and I'm getting a little tired!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home